We are busy, busy getting ready to go meet our son! I wish I could say more about that but for now all the emotions and thoughts are just too much for words.
Today we took Faith out for a "special day" to celebrate the end of our status as a three person family. We have browsed in the Build-a-Bear store many times but she has not been allowed to shop there, so today David and I took her there and let her build a friend to help her through this next. . . umm. . .transition. She got to build one for her brother as well. For herself she chose a light gray cat and for him she chose a dark brown bear. We let her record her own voice and ours on soundboxes inside each of them, and I think we [well, I] got a little carried away when making the bear sounds. We may terrify Davis with this one.
When it came time to choose names for the animals (For their birth certificates. How weird.) Faith had a hard time deciding on the kitten's name. She had no trouble at all naming the bear. She called him Chocolate. Then after hesitantly tagging the cat with Hannah she had a brainstorm and started calling her Vanilla.
So Davis has a bear named Chocolate, and Faith has a cat named Vanilla.
Please pray for my parents as they keep watch over Miss Priss. I am a little concerned about them because of a conversation I had with Faith last night:
"Faith, you be sure you listen and obey MeMa and Pop-Pop and Aunt Lindsey when you are with them. Do you understand?"
"Mama, I don't think I will be able to remember those words when I get to MeMa's house."
4 comments:
So nice to meet you the other night at co-op. Looking forward to getting to know your family and follow along on your adoption journey. Praying for safe travels and smooth transitions!
Beth Drafts
That cracked me up!
Can't wait to meet you! Can you believe this is really happening?? wow! See you soon!
Julie
Faith ALWAYS cracks me up. We are praying for an obedient "Miss Priss" and smooth transitions along with PERFECT travel....
Chocolate? Was Faith thinking about our Chocolate at that time??
Post a Comment