Monday, October 19, 2009

Go! Go! Go!


So glad it is sweater weather
!!

Go Go Go Go GO you gotta go because
You can't go fast if you go too slow!

That is a Backyardigans song that plays in my head all the time these days thanks to Mr. Busy. Also, sung urgently, it is a useful parenting tool to bring out when faced with a meandering four-year-old. (I can't think of the word "tool" without thinking Backpack! Backpack! - Backpack! Backpack!) Can you tell someone has been watching too much educational programming?

I can't hang out here much these days because a certain nine-month-old has the following philosophy: "Why be here? When I can be there? Or there? Or down the hall in the bathroom?" One moment he is sitting right beside me in the childproof playroom gnawing on/playing with a developmentally appropiate toy and then there is a flash of light and he is at the very back of the house drooling over some not-so-developmentally-appropriate-choking-hazard. We are both fortunate that I, as all moms of tiny tots, move faster than the speed of light.

I have been doing a little better at keeping our photo site current, so you can always check it out here, if you know where we live. Right now I've got some cute zoo photos over there and some of Faith enjoying her first live theater experience.

I'll leave you with this drawing. Faith has been quite the prolific artist lately and recently created this gem. Try to guess the title/subject before scrolling down.











It is a dinosaur drawing a picture of a dinosaur. Of course.

1 comment:

jamullins said...

Davis is getting SO BIG!!! Wow! Hope you guys are doing great!