It was a national holiday in Ethiopia - I can't even tell you what it was about since I was preoccupied with my beautiful baby boy. We were scheduled to visit the orphanage where Davis was before he came to the transitional home, but it turned out that the holiday somehow made a visit impossible. At the time, I was fine with missing the orphanage. Davis was in such great shape healthwise that I was a little concerned about taking him there. Also, I don't believe he was there for very long before he came to the transitional home. Now, I wish we had been able to go for several reasons - we know so little about his story that it would have been good to have that piece to share with him as well. Also I wish we had a chance to meet and thank his first caretakers.
So instead we went shopping. While some of the group went to the mall, several families rode to a different shopping area than we had been before. We were able to buy a dress for Faith and a few outfits for Davis. Then we went for a long lunch at Metro Pizza. The food was good and the company delightful, as usual.
Sometime that day we stood on the roof of our guesthouse and took some video of Addis. Some of that footage is contained in the following - our video tribute to Addis Ababa - which means "New Flower":
Addis Ababa from Leslie Bullington on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment