Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Good Morning, America!

We've got pictures up on our dropshots site - www.dropshots.com/lbullington. The password is Augusta, and the photos are organized by date. Go check them out! A lot of our Gotcha photos are blurry because someone else was using our awkward camera. It tells the story anyway, so I'm sharing them regardless. I'll be going back to caption them to describe what they are during all my free time.

Today went really well. We took the kids to a huge park with a "human-made" lake where the kids fed the fish. Then we sat in crazy Changsha traffic for a while on our way to a 100-year-old restaurant called the Red Dragon for lunch - very tasty chicken. Davis loved it. We joked that he liked it because of his own hot and spicy heritage. Faith got rather harassed at this restaurant by the waitstaff going after pictures. Unfortunately, a few of the more agressive folks have put her off the idea of making nice entirely and she is done. Don't worry, we are looking after her and ready to jump in and claim "too shy" whenever we need to. After lunch - Walmart. Just like home. Except for the dried intestines(?)

I just looked back to see Pearl playing on the bed and she gave me the biggest, widest smile. When I commented on it, Faith said, "I know why she smiles so big, Mama. It's because she has those spaces. We can't smile as big because we don't have them. I think it's pretty."

My goodness. Faith is right. Pearl's smile really is about the most beautiful I've ever seen. We get more and more smiles everyday, and they are pure delight.

We are all thanking God for our sweet baby girl!

10 comments:

Allison said...

LOVE the pictures...she is absolutely precious! And Faith is right, Pearl does have the most beautiful smile! Continuing to pray...

Trisha said...

Thanks for sharing your trip! It is pure joy to read about your adventure. I totally agree about Walmart, a trip to China is not complete without visiting there. Pearl is beautiful and we are anxious to meet her. Praying for the remainder of your trip!

Jessica said...

The pictures are great! I have been checking every morning so excited to hear how things are going. She is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to meet her in person!

KLT said...

It brings joy to my heart to see a family coming together! Thank you for sharing pictures. Many blessings as you continue the journey...

Lisa C said...

My heavens, Pearl has the most beautiful eyes! She is so pretty. Glad things are going well. I have been reading everyday and my anxiety level has been up about everyone being so fascinated with the kids. Can't wait for you all to get home safely. Take care and can't wait to see her!!

Allison Hodges said...

She is so beautiful! We can't wait to meet her in person.

Willis Fam said...

She is a dainty, beautiful Pearl. Absolutely precious. Glad you were able to get the pics going. Davis and Faith look like they are proud. Like the rest of your fan club....we can't wait to meet her!! Abi said again...Mom, can we do China and Ethiopia?

Lindsey G. said...

Finally! Another girl in our family. It's about time :-) Love you guys cannot WAIT for you to get back but hope the rest of the trip is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

The girls and I have been checking, anxiously awaiting pictures! So excited to get to see some of your precious Pearl! She is beautiful! We are rejoicing with you! Tell Faith Lillie says "congratulations and Pearl is so cute". :-)
Praying for you guys!
-Chrystal

Wileys said...

It was just wonderful getting to see your little Pearl and all of the love surrounding her! Thank you for sharing her and your story with us. We simply can't wait to meet her and love on all of you! Continuing to pray!