There is great stuff to write about these days, but no energy! I have enough only for a few cute things from today.
At lunch Davis asked if Daddy was ever a little boy.
I said, "Yes, and Mama was a little girl. Girls grow up to be women and boys grow up to be men. You will grow up to be a man and Faith will grow up to be a woman. What will Pearlie grow up to be?"
"A princess," said Davis, and I gave him a kiss.
After lunch I took Faith for our first official mama/daughter shopping trip where we both tried on clothes. I thought it best to give her some instructions before we started using the fitting rooms.
"The first rule is that I do not want ANY comments from you about how I look the entire time we are in here. You don't need to tell me anything about anything."
"You mean like, your waist looks lumpy. I shouldn't say that, right?" asked Faith.
"Exactly. That is exactly what I do not need from you." I told her.
"'Cause you can figure that out for yourself," she said.
"Yes." I said. Sadly yes.
Tonight Davis was spinning me a lovely fairy tale about how when he grew up he would be a king and he would make me a princess and give me all kinds of animals like giraffes and elephants but they would never bite me because he would save me from everything.
Faith chimed in with, "Won't Mama be a little old to be a princess then."
I guess I should be grateful for the "little." And Davis' adamant shut down of Faith's objections which was indeed forthcoming. "No! Faith!"
No comments:
Post a Comment