Saturday, March 3, 2012

Please

Davis really is the sweetest. I can nearly smother him with hugs at bedtime and he will still call me back in a few minutes after I leave his room for just a little more.

Last night at a few minutes after midnight Davis woke up crying. I went in to see what was wrong and he told me about his bad dream, "Mama, I wanted someone to kiss me and no one would come." I kissed his little face and tucked him in while my heart went out to all of those little ones who are waiting. Waiting for someone to love them. And to the parents who are waiting to give that love.

We were once waiting. And then on this day three years ago. . .



And fell in love big time.

If you are considering adoption, please listen. Hear the motherless and fatherless children for whom the lack of love is not just a bad dream. Hear them asking for a mama and daddy to tuck them in and give them just one more hug.

If you are already moving towards adoption do not be discouraged. Paperwork hassles, enormous fees, government slow-downs, and any other problems you face along the way are all meaningless next to one "ordinary" sweet moment with your child.

No comments: