Friday, August 22, 2008

Busy Three Days

We had several friends over for dinner last night for a brain storming session. We are trying to get an active adoption ministry up in our church and several friends have shown an interest in getting involved. Leslie and I are real excited about what came out of our meeting and are ready to hit the ground running. Ultimately we would like to see the joy of adoption spread throughout the church and community as a whole. We'd also like to raise some funds so that the church can help families in the community overcome some of the financial obstacles associated with adoption. I was real encouraged by the overwhelming generosity of these friends to do anything they could to help out. We left the meeting with the idea that we would pray about what we've come up with and see where God leads us. I don't want to discuss details right now until they are more concrete. Stand by.

Tonight the Wyatts are coming over for burgers. A couple of months ago my friend Jubba told me I needed to meet his friend Chris who had adopted a son from Ethiopia. About a month later our friend Carrie told me she had run into an old college friend recently and he and his family had adopted a little boy from Ethiopia. They both told me they'd get me his number so I could call him. Turns out they knew the same guy, Chris Wyatt. Well we're finally getting together with the Wyatts tonight. I've spoken to him on a couple of occasions and I really think we're going to have a lot in common, including both being fans of Steven Wright.

Saturday night our house will be busy once again as our Supper Six group from Sunday School is coming over for dinner. Should be a fun night.

Just realized how late it was getting and I need to get ready for work. Cutting this entry short. More to come later.

No comments: