We lost our beautiful dog Scout last night to a sudden, lethal problem with her spleen. She was a dear, smart, wonderful dog, and we are very sad. She was ten-years-old but full of youthful energy and this was totally unexpected. We are grateful that she did not suffer long at all, and David and I were both able to tell her how much we loved her and pet her until the end.
And then today we went to court to re-adopt Davis in the U.S. This will clear the way for us to apply for formal citizenship, and we will also receive what is called a "Certificate of Foreign Birth" which is the equivalent of a regular birth certificate and filed with the state in the same way. We were sworn in to affirm that we did want to go through with the adoption and that was it. Then photos!
Davis is waving in this picture! He learned how last night, and he was so proud he started doing it again the minute I took him out of bed this morning. He stretches his arm out and twists his wrist slowly like royalty.

3 comments:
I am so sorry about your dog! On a happy note, though, congratulations on the readoption! He is so cute waiving to everyone!
Erica R.
I'm so sorry about Scout. But I'm so THRILLED that you are done with readoption and your papers are on the way to China.
I can't wait until we finalize this fall!
That is the cutest cutest picture! Davis has really gained a lot of weight. I can't believe he is already waving!! Grad school is making me miss his childhood!!!!!!
Post a Comment