
Aren't these beautiful? You can read all about how to create and purchase one from Dayspring and/or have a chance to win one at The Nesting Place.
Every family with adopted children seems to have some awesome evidence that their adopted children were meant to be theirs. I used to read these and tell myself not to get too disappointed if nothing that cool happened to us (you know, besides the whole miracle of adoption itself and getting to bring home our son.) But I did pray for some small sign. Some indication that our boy was indeed ours.
When we were expecting Faith, we looked for a name which meant "light" for her middle name and found Eleanor. At her dedication we read the verse in the sign above to illustrate the meaning behind her name.
One of the first things I did when we were referred our son is to look up the meaning of his beautiful Ethiopian name, Berhanu, which we planned to keep as his middle name.
It means "Your light."
At first I marvelled at the fact that God had given us this sign, that he had directed our boy to be given a name so similar to his sister's. And then I realized I was being silly.
Because what I should have been marvelling at was the fact that God had directed the naming of BOTH our children. As they are each equally His children as they are each equally ours.
The verse is a prayer for them and for ourselves.

2 comments:
I am always amazed to hear all the special stories and connections in adoption stories. What a neat story you have! We miss you!
Such a sweet story.
Post a Comment