Monday, January 18, 2010

A Day in the Life

I'm going to try to blog our day today. If you think this sounds super boring, remember grandparents read this stuff.

8 am - Faith was up first this morning. I've already denied three requests for "a kid's show" on TV. There have also been whines about how cold the house is(?) and how she has nothing to do. ["Mama - I don't know what to do! I don't know what to think about!"] We did get in a good conversation about MLK day, though. One highlight: "I know what color God didn't make anyone in the whole world - BLUE!"

When Davis started making noises we went in to get him. Faith asked me to leave, and she's been in there singing the Hokey Pokey and Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes to him for the last five minutes. There's been lots of giggling. From both of them.

9 am - Faith is exercising her one-hour-a-day-of-TV-max rights while I try to bring some semblance of order to the house. Davis, a-boy-of-very-many-toys, is playing with a sock.


10 am - School time! Faith is doing her homeschool co-op homework and I am reviewing my co-op lesson plans. Davis, a-boy-of-very-many-NEW-toys, is playing with a large plastic screw from a toy tool set that used to belong to his mama.

10:10 am - Faith is finished with her homework. This girl knows her letter N.

10:15 am - DANCE PARTY!


11 am - Art time for Faith and her faithful apprentice


11:45 am - Lunch. All our favorites - grilled cheese and tomato soup with oranges for Faith; peas and pears for Davis. For some reason I have in my mind: Peas in your hair/ Peas in your hair/ Looking like a fool with peas in your hair.



12:15 pm - First insubordination of the day. Quickly squashed with time out. Davis, a-boy-of-very-many-toys, is playing with one of Faith's belt. I am noticing a trend.

12:20 pm - Is it naptime yet?



1:15 pm - I find a small amount of peas in Davis' neck roll. Lovely.

1:20 pm - Faith Bullington, M. D., has some unorthodox methods of treatment. But great bedside manner.


2:30 pm - Everyone naps!

O.K. - I guess I should have called this "a morning in the life." Because I am done. Hope you enjoyed this slice of Bullington family life pie.



3 comments:

~Stephanie said...

I love it! I'm especially encouraged that you don't wake up at some terrible time in the morning.. like say oh 4:30 am. I don't either.

The Story Family said...

We love this post!!!

LHG said...

I loved this post! I want to see more day-in-the-life stories like it coming soon! I am just so impressed by how much energy you have. Reading it exhausted me!