Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Even Closer!

A few days ago I wrote about Faith's optimism in waiting and how it should teach me something. Well, our hopes have been met within the last few days as several families adopting through our agency have received referrals! We are very, very excited. They have begun matching families who sent their paperwork to Ethiopia in early April. Our dossier took the trip on April 28th, so now we really are even closer! I have tried very hard to remain even-tempered about everything and to appreciate the fact that this part of the wait will probably seem easy compared to the next part, when we already know who are son is and are just waiting to go get him, but I don't know how to keep calm, cool, and collected over this.

I've definitely got to get moving on preparing a new bedroom for Faith and a new nursery for her baby brother!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Leslie and David-I am so excited for you!! I pray the day you get the call will be sooner rather than later..I know how hard it is to wait! We will keep praying for you.
Robin Wyatt

~Stephanie said...

Great news! I can't wait to hear the news of your referral.