Monday, January 12, 2009

Faith, Future Trial Attorney

I can't remember how this conversation began, but on the way home this evening Faith started asking me about what happened to all the Christmas decorations. I told her that we had taken ours down because Christmastime was finished. She asked after about ten of our friends and family as follows:

Faith: Did Nona take her Christmas lights down?
Me: Yes
Faith: Did Jamie and Arie take their Christmas lights down?
Me: Yes, because it isn't Christmas anymore.

And then this:

Faith: (pointing out the window) But I see Christmas lights right there?!
Me: Well, yes, I saw those, too, and there is one house in our neighborhood that still has Christmas lights.

Faith (in triumph): Then it IS STILL Christmas!

This is related to her asking me earlier today if this was the last Christmas or if we would have Christmas next year.

No comments: