We're getting Davis at the end of April! Isn't that right? April the end - April at the end. hmm. Backyardigans are sneaky sometimes and sometimes they're nice. Are you writing Backyardigans things? [lots and lots of giggling] Hey do you want to say how much I did again? Hey are you typing all of it? Are you? Can I say something? [more about Backyardigans]
What she is trying to say is that WE! HAVE! A! COURT! DATE - April 30th!
We are all giddy with excitement. This means the courts in Ethiopia will look at our case on April 30 and decide if they have all the documentation they need to legalize our adoption. We do not need to be present for this "meeting" [that is what we call this for Faith - she actually does understand it somewhat and is very excited about it which is why I thought I could transcribe her description of this for the blog, but as it happens she was more interested right now in discussing her favorite TV friends] If everything is approved we will travel to Ethiopia 2 to 4 weeks after that. So we will actually go "get Davis" in May at the earliest. Thirty percent of the time there is some additional documentation needed and therefore additional wait time for us - an additional wait that may be measured in days, weeks, or months.
We are so excited to have this next milestone set in place (did I mention that we're excited?) and would greatly, greatly appreciate your prayers for favor in the courts for us on that day.
4 comments:
Great news!!! Will certainly be praying you pass court on the FIRST time. I'm sure you will :)
Yeh! :)
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!
We'll be praying it goes smoothly and no more documentation is needed...
Oh wow! I found your blog from David's facebook page. I'm SO excited for y'all!! I know I have never met you (I'm assuming Leslie is the one writing?), but I feel like I have just because I've been down that nerve-wracking, faith-building, exciting road!! And I'm thrilled you are so close to your son. I'll be praying for all of you as your family welcomes one more!
DeEtte
(And your daughter Faith is precious too! I had to laugh at your description of deciding whether or not to tell her the referral news if she was in a bad mood. I have a 3 year old too - I get "three year old grumps". ha!
:-)
Post a Comment