Today Faith asked me if Davis and Pearl would be here for Halloween. There is no pacing a 3-year-old. Evidently this conversation a few days ago did not do it. It is also going to be hard to disconnect Davis-and-Pearl in Faith's eyes. She'll be pretty disappointed that they aren't a package deal.
Today it rained. All day long. As Faith and I were walking in the wet from the library to the car, I was talking about the weather and saying how nasty, gray, wet, dark, cold, windy, etc it was. (Adjectives, they are important.) After I got done with my oh-so-cheerful list of descriptives, Faith looked around and said, "It's shiny!" And it was. It was absolutely beautiful, standing there next to our car under a broad green tree with my little girl in my arms and the rain gently falling in misty swirls of shine. And I missed it. It is great to be with someone who can really see.
To cap it off, Faith saw her first rainbow later in the afternoon. And it was totally visible from one end of the arch to the other. It was perfect. And shortly after that we saw perfect rainbow number two. I asked Faith who made the rainbows and she said, "God." I asked her why he made them and she said, "Because Noah's ark wasn't wet." Quite right.
1 comment:
Yep, It's true. Faith is brilliant.
Post a Comment