Scroll down for Day 1.
Day 2 Who Do You Think You Are?
Day 3 Love Makes a Family
Day 4 Good Hair
Day 5 Caublinasian
Day 6 Photo Essay
Day 7 Brothers and Sisters
Day 8 Closure
Day 9 Good Reads
Day 10 Inside Jokes
Day 11 Together for Adoption
Day 12 Heritage Begins at Home
Day 13 Posted, Painted, and Propped
I sort of quit blogging. I didn't intend to leave the Bullington Board behind, but there have been so many reasons not to take time to write here. Some of those reasons were practical - those two years where Pearl didn't sleep, for example - and some of the reasons had to do with my super slow mental processing speed (remember the time when I wrote about our Ethiopia adoption trip a FULL YEAR after it happened?) It also seemed like this blog lost its purpose when we no longer had a need to inform people about our steps along the adoption journey(s?) for Davis and Pearl. But I have been looking for a way back to the blog, so here it is.
My sister told me about the Nester's 31 day writing project a few days ago. I loved this idea, but I didn't know what subject I would cover or how I would ever have time to write. Then there was a conversation in the car this morning about animal topiary trees. (No, I am not going to write about topiary trees - though that would be awesome!) Davis has asked me many times lately about what type of bushes he would need if he were going to cut them into animal shapes. This morning he was on this again, and he told me that if he made animal bushes for our yard, he would make a dragon for Pearl since dragons "mostly come from China" and a giraffe for himself, for Ethiopia. It reminded me how much I find myself considering issues surrounding identity, culture, race, and family. Heritage. I often think better by reading (links!) and writing through things, so I am looking forward to spending some time (maybe not 31 times, and maybe not actually on time since this is a late start, but aren't goals great?!) writing on heritage and pinning my notes to the Bullington Board.
1 comment:
Yay!! So glad to see you here. Looking forward to reading your posts and hopefully some more pics of your little sweeties!
Post a Comment