Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day 6 of Writing on Heritage

Photo Essay
 

 I was going to try to skip today's writing by finding a bunch of cute photos of the kids and throwing them on here as my heritage post-of-the-day.  There is a nice stretchiness to this word that I thought I could (and may yet) expand to cover our everyday life.  But when I was looking back over the last few years in pictures I stopped on this and wanted to think about it a minute.

This is a photo of the civil office where we signed our paperwork for Pearl. She was getting her footprint taken - tiny, in red ink- for some document. This photo seems to mark a passage in more ways than one. 

I had more words for this, but I think they are mostly written. In the ancient landscape behind. In the two of us bending over Pearl. Caring for her together for a moment.

No comments: